Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Hey, my textured background worked this time!

The other day, when I tried to specify in my blog template a 12px-by-12px background image and have it repeated horizontally and vertically, I did something wrong and couldn't get it to work. But I tried again and did it successfully. It looked sort of neat (especially with the new masthead photo, as the few who saw it when I displayed it briefly can attest), but the text was less legible than with the dark slate gray background.

If you want to learn more about using a background image, let me know. It's a very simple matter of CSS coding (cascading style sheets, which blogspot uses). In fact, here's the code, for specifying the <body> tag, that invoked the background image:
background-image: url(http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_o3nHqz3ofwI/RZcYAG81sHI/
      AAAAAAAAABI/KXgs97GAb5w/s320/C49645B.gif);
background-repeat: repeat;
The URL is just what blogspot told me after I uploaded the background image (C49645B.gif) to a temporary post.

4 comments:

  1. Nice texture, but make the reading of the test a little harder. Have a happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Steve. I've already gone back to the slate gray background color.

    Private feedback from yet another visitor (who is still trying to learn how to comment) prompted me to ditch the pink for visited links. She pointed out that reddish text tends to shimmer. (I KNEW there was some reason I wasn't entirely happy with it myself! I'd already changed some red links I had on the Jingle Jangle site to another color.)

    I now use a yellow here, as you may have noticed—with pleasure, I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great, Mori. I love the masthead photo.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, my dear Serena. Much happiness to you too!

    ReplyDelete