Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Brief conversation about God

"Haven't flown in a few years, but I used to sing the chorus to 'Up, Up, and Away' in my head as the plane was taking off. After a quick prayer of 'Get us up, get us there, and get us down safely.' I successfully flew a lot for a few years, so it must have worked."
    "Wow, proof not only of the existence of God, but also of his/her/its listening to and answering prayer! Amazing!"
    "Or maybe he just likes The Fifth Dimension."
    "Or maybe it was just a coincidence that you prayed and also landed? I suspect that a number of people who have died in plane crashes also prayed during take-off and were good people who 'didn't deserve to die.' And perhaps a few very evil people have flown and landed safely?"
    ....

1 comment:

  1. If there is a god, and he/she/it likes the Fifth Dimension, then that's why I flew so successfully all those years: I too would hum the song
    as I read, getting ready for take-off. I still love to fly, and still hum that same song. Don't think god has anything to do with it, though.

    kate

    ReplyDelete