Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Friday, October 29, 2010

I voted early

I'm still wearing my little "I Voted Early" sticker from Wednesday. As I wrote to a friend on whom (and his wife) I depend for recommendations in judicial races,
Having received no recommendation from you or [your wife] as to voting for judges, I went ahead and took my best shot. I excluded as potential my-vote-getters anyone on the list of nominees recommended by the Republican Party, then, if that didn't do the entire trick, I read about the individuals in the voting guide (preferring blacks, women, and non-business types). [emphasis mine]
My friend's wife wrote me this morning:
Absolutely, you voted well. I was trying to learn who your district court judges would be. Now I know how to do that—although a little late. I think your rationale for voting choices excellent. [emphasis mine]

No comments:

Post a Comment