Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Monday, September 10, 2012

Persimmon tree very pretty

When I was just about fifty, my wife she said to me, "Come here and take a lesson from the lovely persimmon tree. 'Simmon tree very pretty, but the 'simmon branch get heavy and sometime need support, so the fruit of the poor 'simmon can ripen, and be sweet enough to eat."
    With apologizes to Peter, Paul, & Mary and their "Lemon Tree," I'm a happier man and wiser now that I propped a limb of our Fuyu persimmon tree with a wooden pole on Saturday and installed some bungees from three rebar posts around its trunk.
    As I reported on July 4 ("Green persimmons"), I've already removed over 80 young persimmons (about half), but the increasing weight of the remaining fruit is taxing our tree's uneven branching, with six to eight weeks still to go to full maturity.


No comments:

Post a Comment