Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Friday, February 26, 2016

Bowlfrog

Never a dull moment

By Vic Midyett

A trailer park we used in eastern Australia three years ago was on a septic system. For some reason, I just found myself thinking about the frogs that apparently lived in that septic system. The second day we were there, I remember very clearly, I did my morning constitution and flushed the toilet. I didn’t have my glasses on, but was amazed to see something black with long, spongy legs and feet clinging on for dear life to the inside of the bowl. Knowing better than to say something to my wife, Shirley, I said nothing instead.
    The next day I used the other toilet, and this time, presumably a different frog, not strong enough to hold on, got flushed down the gurgler. Still I said nothing to Shirley.
Australian marsupial bullfrog
    Well, a week later, the same sort of thing happened to her. She came screaming out of the women’s side, wide-eyed, taking 15-foot steps and telling me all about the
MONSTER in the toilet bowl and what had happened to her. She said she almost made a new exit through the brick wall.
   Ha! Never a dull moment with us!


Copyright © 2016 by Vic Midyett

No comments:

Post a Comment