Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Sunday, August 6, 2006

Is point of view an illness?

A Bushitist of my acquaintance tells me that it's only because of my point of view that I see Bush in such a bad light. If I could only change my point of view I might be cured and see what a really grand and glorious guy he is and what a great president.

Of course, to me, if point of view is a malady, then this Bushitist is the one with an illness, and we only have to wait to see which one of us dies of "point-of-view-itis" first in order to know which view of Bush was the fatal one.

But a critical mass of us need to get clear on Bush pronto. I don't see that people with one point of view or the other are going to drop dead en masse anytime soon. And anyway, if point of view is an illness, maybe it's more like eczema—something that doesn't go away but we don't die from either....

But point of view, literally, has to do with the position from which one is looking. From where I stand the light on Bush reveals...what I see. Maybe the Bushitist can't see it because he's in a close embrace with the convivial fratboy and has been flattered with a cute nickname, like "Shitty" or "Turd Blossom."

No comments:

Post a Comment