Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Glorious Sunday

My body and spirit were still tingling with delight from watching Julie & Julia (the first entire movie I've watched on my computer—downloaded from Netflix) as I unloaded and selected the four photographs below from this morning.
    Uncharacteristically, I'd gotten up a little later than my wife, and when I arrived in the kitchen to put some water on for our coffee, she called in from the porch that mist was rising from the field out back. After a quick look, I rushed to get my camera.

The trees are Eastern Redbuds (Cercis canadensis), and they're blooming all over this part of North Carolina these days.

After breakfast I remembered that I wanted to photograph some of my wife's tulips from the ground up, and realized I hadn't made any photos of the ones in the front yard. Literally from the ground up proved impossible, for I wasn't willing to lie in the dew to look through the view finder.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures, and a glorious Sunday indeed.

    Congratulations, Carolyn, on your
    gorgeous tulips.

    Patsy

    ReplyDelete