Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Watching Sherlock sitting still

As I may not have disclosed in this web log, which seems to have become a story of my life, I twitch. Most of the time, or at least while I'm otherwise trying to sit still.
    "We have two Sherlock Holmeses going now, you know?" I said to my wife this morning.
    "Two? I think we have only one episode of Sherlock we haven't watched." She was referring to Masterpiece Mystery, its new 21st century Sherlock Holmes.
    "Yes, two. Sherlock and Luther." I was referring to the British psychological crime drama. "Luther makes large deductions from minute observations, honing in on the likely serial killer."
    My wife said humph. "I guess we have one and a half Sherlocks to watch, since you fell asleep last night."
    "How did you know I'd fallen asleep?"
    "You stopped twitching"

2 comments:

  1. maybe you absorbed the part you fell asleep for into your subconscious so you don't have to make her rewatch it. :)

    So do you literally "twitch" or is it more that you fidget (like Matt does)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it's more a fidget, but I think she referred to it as twitching. At any rate, she sometimes grabs my twitching/figeting fingers and squeezes them in a futile attempt to make me stop. Nothing has so far worked in these many years. What do you think the chances are that the only thing that will finally remedy this unnerving malady is an ultimate sleep?

    ReplyDelete