Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Tuesday Voice: The one-tennial of their first flight


The "Flyer" lifted off level ground near
Big Kill Devil Hill at 10:35 a.m., Dec.
17, 1903 and flew 120 ft. in 12 secs.
East Carolina 1903

By André Duvall

Cushions of sand buffer
    trials of error and success
Open roads of wind propel
    tries at a new way to cruise


Isolated, far from home
    but far from eyes that pry,
the brothers choose these narrow barriers at land’s end,
    these Outer Banks
        to build, to test,
            to glide,
                                      to Fly
_______________
Copyright © 2013 by André Duvall

Comment box is located below

2 comments:

  1. Very good Andre. I had settled in for a story of the Wright Brothers and instead was treated to a nice poem. It went very well with my coffee. Most of us here seem to write on the dark side of poetry. I, do at any rate---don't like to speak for others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ed! I'm glad you enjoyed waking up with this poem. I enjoy reading dark poetry of others, but I tend to err more towards the light (with darker shades as needed) when I write my own.

    ReplyDelete