Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Tuesday Voice: Posthumously Speaking 7

Detail from first painting below
Inspired by nature

By Mary Alice Condley (1925-2007)

[Editor's Note: The artist's son Tim and his wife Kerri own today's five paintings. Says Kerri, "Several years before Mary passed, Tim and I had moved into our new house on Woodpecker Drive in Oregon and we had no art or paintings for the walls. On a visit to California I mentioned this to Mary and she took me to the garage. I couldn't believe she had all those paintings in the freezer. I think I took every last one."
    A painting from the collection of the artist's granddaughter Dawn Stella Burke was shown on October 28. Twenty-two of Mary's paintings have now graced Moristotle & Co.
]






(1976)

Copyright © 2014 by Morris Dean

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Kerri, for explaining: "On a visit to California I mentioned to Mary [that we had no art for the walls of our new home] and she took me to the garage. I couldn't believe she had all those paintings in the freezer...."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing ! These are wonderful !

    ReplyDelete