Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Ask Wednesday: Ask Susan


Can older men keep their sexual response up through technique & attitude adjustment?

By Susan C. Price

[Questions are followed by answers and then, inevitably by ADVICE...you DID expect that...didn’t you?]

Susan, a couple of friends and I have shared with each other that our libidos have fallen off (we are all males, of similar "mature" ages). I raised this subject with them because my slightly older single sister said she is still "very sexually active," and she likes to brag about it. I made the mistake of telling her I'm not that interested in sex anymore, and she berated me with all these stories of affairs she has with men my age, and older. She went into graphic specifics of their sexual activities, implying that it is her techniques that are wildly "successful" in the act. When I tell her I don't believe it, she says the reason is my attitude, that I think of myself as old and past it.
    I have been thinking about what she told me, but I just don't know. My friends and I don't think that sexual activity and response are simply a matter of attitude or specific "techniques." One of them was familiar with your column and suggested I ask you to help us clarify.
                            –Mature Male


Dear Mature Male,
    Sexual response can be puzzling. Any research on reputable (WebMD, etc.) type sites will confirm that there are physical response changes with age, in both genders. There are also medications that seem to be working to resolve/help some of these physical changes. (Watch any TV show to see endless advertisements for them.) Discuss your concerns frankly with a medical professional (which your sister is NOT). If you feel bad about this change in your life, a discussion with a licensed therapist might also be a good choice. The changes that occur with age (and there are sooooo many) can necessitate exploration to help you regain an even keel and happiness.
    About your Too Much Information Sister...while I am glad she seems to be having such fun, I am suspicious about her claims, concerned about her incestuous discussions with her brother (matters of this nature are not commonly discussed in graphic detail with opposite sex siblings, particularly in your generation), and particularly, her meanness towards you. I suggest you avoid these types of discussions with her and point her toward a therapist as well.

[We would really like more questions to answer, so send ’em in….]



Copyright © 2015 by Susan C. Price

8 comments:

  1. Posted for him by Moristotle:

    While libido is important, diet is the root cause of erectile dysfunction, which is also a good indicator for heart disease. I test myself for heart disease two or three times a week. When a full-blown test is not available a self-test suffices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You test yourself for heart disease two or three times a WEEK??? Exactly how do you do that?

      Delete
    2. Hint, he's talking about sexual intercourse and masturbation.

      Delete
  2. I find myself extremely skeptical of Mature Male's slightly older sister's claims of her wildly successful sexual techniques. If Mature Male can provide me with her phone number, I would like to interview the lady in person and attempt to verify her claims. All in the name of science of course.
    Yours truly,
    Bill Nye
    (Posted for him by Bob Boldt)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gentlemen, yes diet, good health all contributes to a happy sex life BUT, state of mind is all powerful! At 69 years of age I have encountered men who stated they were impotent and had been for 10 or more years. Their interest indicated different and with the years of techniques I have learned I proved them wrong! State of mind! Talk old, feel old, act old, you tell yourself "I'm too old and really can't get it up." BULL!!
    I am sure my latest "friend" is not willing to add comments but he was so excited that his "equipment" worked, we "worked" it 3 to 4 times a day. He discovered he is a fabulous lover and could perform much longer than he thought.
    Sexual arousal starts in the mind then the eyes. By the way, proven fact many women reach sexual peak in their later years. Discussing with siblings? No! But it doesn't mean the sister is exaggerating about her sex life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Susan, controversy! I hope we get more questions with the stimulus to arouse readers like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too funny. An "older" woman who is running around with a bunch of men is a concern to me - in a humorous way.

    ReplyDelete