Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Remembering April 4, 2014

It started with “More about creativity”

By Moristotle

Thanks to Sharon Stoner for reminding us today, by commenting, of a “Fish for Friday” column published exactly three years ago today (when April 4 was a Friday). She made this comment:
I’ve often wondered if when I die will there be anyone left who knew me. Without friends all that is left is, alone!
    Reading the column again myself brought back memories, some happy, others sad – for example, our friend Jack Cover had died four days earlier, on Monday.
    Appropriately, the “Limerick of the Week” (we had a limerick of the week in those days), was about an aspect of mortality, and our friend Ed Rogers thought it was pretty good – or at least better than the ones I had written recently. Finding it hard to be critical of my own creations, I of course think it’s good enough to publish again:


Limerick of the Week:
There’s a difference between someone (or I),
someday, cause unforeseen, going to die
    and our having something
    that will soon be bumping
us off: That something gives us reason why.
    You know that Sharon had a reason for commenting as she did. Let’s keep her in our minds for the rest of today, and think of her often in the future.

Copyright © 2017 by Moristotle

No comments:

Post a Comment