Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

A.F. Flogger Refrocked [Bush is listening]

Yesterday I wrote a short article titled "A.F. Flogger Unfrocked" (now deleted) in which I thanked the friend who alerted me that he visited A.F. Flogger's site and found it wasn't political flogging that the man was promoting. (In case you missed it, I had, for a few days, displayed "aka flogger.com" on my masthead.)

An embarrassed A.F. Flogger wishes to make a statement:

Whoa! Hold on a minute. Flogger.com is not my website. I do not promote whipping or any other unspeakable sexual practices. The whole thing is a mistake. I mistyped the name of my registered domain when I first approached Moristotle about leaving blogger.com and coming with me. He simply passed along what I typed. I didn't notice it. You know how people tend to see what they think is there anyway.

Besides, I had told Moristotle that my website hadn't been launched yet. That's undoubtedly why he didn't check flogger.com out. My website name will be pflogger.com. "P" is for "political," of course. Or, I suppose it could stand for "‘president’" or "pissant," since the main object of my brand of political flogging is George W. Bush.

Speak of unspeakable practices, what's with that guy and his toady Alberto Gonzales (and others), the way they're treating detainees (not to mention how they're treating us)? Even got a University of California–Berkeley law professor says what they're doing at Gitmo is okay...[Moristotle intervened here to try to get Mr. Flogger to wrap it up].

Okay, okay. Just one final point, then: When you're talking on the phone, remember:









[A.F. Flogger gratefully acknowledges whoever designed this trenchant reminder.]

No comments:

Post a Comment