Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Imagine that "God" exists if doing so...

Today I find myself considering a reformulation of my "new tenth commandment," currently stated:
Thou shalt not bow down and worship likely non-existent "God."
Not inconsistent with that, but indulging the proclivity of perhaps the majority of men and women (some of them my relatives and friends), would be the formulation:
Imagine that "God" (or "Allah" or "Yahweh" or "Jehovah" or whatever) exists if doing so somehow comforts or inspires you, but don't fall down and worship it.

2 comments:

  1. Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't quite make out what appears to be Portuguese, so I asked an old friend from California whose family spoke Portuguese what he thought CresceNet was saying:

    "CresceNet said: 'I very much liked your posting and your blog is very interesting. I plan to visit it always. And afterward, you go visit my site on CresceNet. I hope you will like it.'

    "That's my translation. I visited the referenced web sit. CresceNet 'Provedor' is literally CresceNet purveyor. I logged onto his website. It appears this guy is trying to get you to subscribe to his web services."

    Well, so much for a genuine compliment on my wonderful post!

    I think the guy wanted to hug me too, didn't he?

    ReplyDelete