Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Friday, January 18, 2008

The psychology of my apostasy

My correspondent who quoted Proverbs to me the other day has a theory as to why I found "chains about thy neck" to be a slave image:
I suspect that your mother's reaction due to her indoctrination in her beliefs are [sic] causing ..."chains about thy neck" to [?] you by causing you to refuse to see and accept with gratitude the love of God in providing for your salvation from sin by sending His son to die for us. All we have to do is believe, accept, confess our sins, be baptized after age 8, pay one tenth of our increase to help others, and try to follow His example....I wish the best for you.

Love,
[signed]
There we have the straight scoop from a true believer, plus the added bonus of some psychological insight.

3 comments:

  1. I wonder why you have to be baptized only after age 8? I've never heard that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom, if we hung around listening to people espouse their religious beliefs, we'd hear many more fantastic things we'd never heard before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize tithing was a requirement for salvation either. Geez, it just gets more and more complicated. :-) (JDN)

    ReplyDelete