Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Monday, September 23, 2013

Fourth Monday Susan Speaks: Heart of the city

Heart of the City, July 2013
Heart...better

By Susan C. Price

This painting started out as a simple translation of the view at night from the Jazz at Lincoln Center Room with the view of Columbus Circle. But it wasn't working, so i super-imposed an outline of a nude from a class some weeks later.
    My teacher and classmates were unimpressed. Mike and i liked it enough to have it framed. And the framer misplaced or ignored my "this is UP" instructions, so he attached the hanging wire to display the painting thus:

Heart...better
    i think it is better that way
_______________
Copyright © 2013 by Susan C. Price
Please comment

4 comments:

  1. Damn you know you're old when you get the city and miss the nude. I like it very much Susan, it pulled me in so deep I missed the good part. You shouldn't have said anything and seen how long it would take for someone to pick up on it.[not me a course]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ed, keep looking at it! I just saw the nude in the painting's original orientation. (You can click on the inset photo to see it larger.)

      Delete
  2. Enlarged it does take on a different look. I think I recognize her---it was during the "summer of love" I believe. Lot of sunshine 25 going around that year.

    ReplyDelete