Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Ask Wednesday: Heather Broadbent on life around music

Creative empowerment

By Geoffrey Dean

This January, I had the pleasure of meeting Heather Broadbent, an American violinist now living in the city of Gabrovo in central Bulgaria, where she is a member of the Gabrovo Chamber Orchestra and founder of the ensemble Sintez (Fusion). I recently suggested to Heather that we do a piece for Moristotle & Co. about her global activities as an online violin instructor and creator of the popular Violin Secrets Academy.
    Heather responded by doing something she does daily for her violin students: she set up the video camera in her studio and recorded another segment in her ongoing series of music instruction videos, this time in the form of an interview. Rather than reduce it to a written transcript, we have left the interview in its original video format so you can get a fuller sense of Heather’s contagious energy and enthusiasm in the same medium she uses as she continues to inspire others to find their own creative voices through music.



[Link to the video on Youtube, portal to Heather’s websites.]
_______________
Copyright © 2014 by Geoffrey Dean

Comment box is located below

6 comments:

  1. Heather and Geoff, thank you SO MUCH for this very interesting interview! The accidental nature of Heather's internet teaching came as a big surprise to me, for I had imagined it came about as an intentional act entrepreneurship. Now that is HAD come about, how agressively, I wonder, is Heather pursuing it as a business? I ask in the context of my interview two weeks ago of Coy Pittman, who is very much an intentional entrepreneur and much engaged in mentoring other would-be entrepreneurs. I wonder whether Heather has mentored any would be internet music teachers and coaches, for example?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, WHEN was that first trip of Heather's to Gabrovo? What year did she post her first internet lesson?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excelllent Morris!! I didn't know your son lived in Bolgaria either. That's fantastic and thanks for sharing this. Vic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice!  I can see your resemblance to your father in your speech and mannerisms.  Good job, Geoff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed the interview so much, Geoff and Morris. I thought you and Geoff look quite a lot alike, although I don't think you have the dimples, Morris. I loved seeing Geoff. He looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete