Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Monday, March 24, 2014

Fourth Monday Susan Speaks: Research study

By Susan C. Price

ok, there was no time limit
    but
    having signed up to do this Kaiser research study...i felt...responsible, and as always, tried to do my best (and get the “A”...does it NEVER end?)


They send a cup apparatus and instructions on filling and mailing
    they want your saliva
    oh fun, i get to spit! I thought. They are specific about how full the cup should be (“not counting the bubbles,” the instructions caution). One is also not supposed to eat, drink, or chew gum 30 minutes before the sample. I set the timer (of course she would). They tell you it takes 2-5 minutes to fill the cup to the needed level.
    I spit. Then began to do something else. Went back to spit again. Thought I had enough. But was not sure, so spent extra effort to spit out.
    Of course, the effort resulted in more air than saliva, and about a teaspoon of my saliva was thus expelled OUT of the cup.
    Sigh. Laughter. Wait and spit some more.

other research
_______________
Copyright © 2014 by Susan C. Price
Comment box is located below

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, Susan, for taking research seriously...and for sharing with us your derivation of more than knowledge from it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure what the study was about. Did I miss something?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, I never said...as i am uncertain. I think Kaiser is creating a base of dna for all the patients willing to play...dont know that they are looking for anything specific.

    ReplyDelete