Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

100,000/7,000,000

Just learned by email from MoveOn.org that
When we began Call for Change, we knew that the campaign would succeed or fail on the commitment of folks like you. To reach our goal of 5 million calls to voters, tens of thousands of volunteers would have to step up to the challenge.

By Election Day, it was clear that you were more than up to the challenge—you blew away every goal we had. In the end, more than 100,000 people made over 7 million calls.
Since that's an average of only 70 "calls" per volunteer, I think that means not just "dials" but actual contacts. I myself spoke with well over 100 likely Democratic voters.

For their efforts, volunteers have been invited to choose either a mug or a T-shirt for the part each played! I chose the

MoveOn.org T-shirt for volunteers for their Call for Change

2 comments:

  1. That's a nice looking tee-shirt. I'm sure you'll wear it with pride.

    And hey, you've been tagged to play the "Weird Game" at my place,
    http://missbegotten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Serena, with respect, I don't see anything weird about the "weird things" you have listed about yourself. I must, therefore, disqualify and recuse myself from participating, as I clearly have no credible judgment about what is or isn't weird. Thanks, though, for the invitation, which I appreciate in the spirit of friendship. All good on you, forward and outward, to overrunning cup, now and always.

    ReplyDelete