Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Stay alive...dance!

About a month ago, while I was still commuting to work (that is, before I retired), I happened one day to ask a passenger sitting in the seat ahead of me whether he'd ever been told that he looked like the actor Bob Balaban. He said he hadn't, but that was an interesting thought.
    A few minutes later, he turned to me and said that because I seemed to be knowledgeable about movies (how many people have heard of Bob Balaban?), he wanted to tell me about this terrific video on YouTube. "Someone has done a collage of Rita Hayworth dancing with different people, and set the whole thing to the Bee Gees' song 'Stayin' Alive'."
     I finally got around to watching (and listening to) it today. It is terrific, and I think you'll like it too. Right now. Not a month from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment