Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Saturday, June 2, 2012

View from the shed

Click to enlarge
As I emerged from the garden shed after today's yard work, I was greeted by the sight of our inviting back porch, and of the sky, which I hadn't really seen because I'd been looking down at the Iris clump I'd shoveled  up (leaving the numerous thriving Earth worms in the soil), at the yard lights I'd been rewiring and moving and replacing bulbs in, at the clay pots I'd carted around to the front and photographed for the "Free for the Asking" page on our community's social network, at Siegfried's poop I'd bagged up, at the grass to pick up pine needles that had fallen out of the bales of "straw" I'd unloaded from the trunk of the Honda and carried around back to the utility area in the far corner, behind the shed.
    I just had to take a photo, even if only with my cell phone. Something to blog home about, a remembrance.
    The sky is still lovely.
    And I am yet here.

No comments:

Post a Comment