Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Friday, June 8, 2012

Two's company, three's a crowd?

Uncropped (click to enlarge)
My third subjects on Wednesday were these three crows (I think they're crows). The sun was beyond them relative to the camera, but the resulting silhouette effect is interesting. With my modest Nikon ED50 fieldscope, lighting would have to be "perfect" for me to get a stunning result at the distance (about 500 feet).




_____________
"Two is company, three's a crowd."

3 comments:

  1. Those are amazing photos for the distance, especially with the lighting situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I was at first disappointed by the photos, the more I look at them, the more I too feel that they are rather amazing. But I credit good luck more than artistry. I can only credit myself for having achieved some technical skill in setting up my equipment and focusing the fieldscope. The little Nikon P300 Coolpix does the rest. Maybe it deserves the "amazing" accolade more than anything?

      Delete