Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Thor's Day: Wrong number

By Morris Dean

My wife answered the phone when it rang the first time. Whoever it was, she didn't recognize them. "You have the wrong number...That's okay. No problem."
    It rang again within seconds. Without speaking, my wife hung up. "The same woman. She might be drunk."

    "Or maybe she just misdialed and tried again?"
     A minute later the phone rang yet again. My wife said, "I'm not going to answer it. I think she's drunk."
    "Or just religious? Maybe she thinks if she believes hard enough it'll be the right number."
_______________
Copyright © 2013 by Morris Dean

Please comment

4 comments:

  1. A funny with my coffee. I enjoy starting off the day with a smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Delighted you enjoyed it! It's taken me all day to notice that you'd commented. Sorry about that. Do you think I ought to label this post "humor," then?
          Even before you answer, I think I will....

      Delete
  2. Re: phone call. I think you should have answered, Morris. It might have been someone calling about your blog spot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patsy, I don't know if you meant your comment to be funny, but I laughed at what you suggested the call might have been about.

      Delete