Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Tuesday Voice: Four paintings by Shirley Deane/Midyett

She's my wife

By Vic Midyett

The editor recently wrote me that I hadn't sent him any of my wife's paintings lately, and would I please do so, maybe write an article about them? Well, they can speak for themselves, they have that much voice, on Tuesday or any other day!

White Cockatoo painted from her imagination (5" x 7")

Notice in the painting above the hint of a red cabin in the valley with smoke coming out a chimney. The winter months in Australia, unless you are in the ski resorts, are the greenest, because that's the months when it rains mostly.

From a photograph I took when we were in the mountains (2" x 3")

Despite the visible texture of the canvas, the editor didn't believe that Shirley could have executed the painting above on such a small scale, so I photographed it next to her tea/coffee cup, displayed on it's itty bitty easel. One day when we are settled more in one place with more room, Shirley plans to paint a large canvas of this scene. Perhaps a 3' x 4'.

A pink and white rose we found at a winery (5" x 7")

Regrowth after a fire (11" x 17")
_______________
Copyright © 2014 by Vic Midyett

Comment box is located below

8 comments:

  1. Is that lady in the photo the same one that was trying to con santa last year???? great scenes Jake thanks
    BEAR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I hear from "up here above," Bear, yes it is. But I only "know" what Vic tells me.

      Delete
  2. Vic Midyett displays some artwork of his wife, Shirley Deane/Midyett...and next Tuesday Shirley tells us why she paints....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell Shirley, Janie and I think her paintings are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Yes, Bear. That is Jake! And you knew that. And yep, she's still full of piss and vinegar. And thanks for everyone's kind comments. I have passed them all on to her.
    .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you (Kuz) Vic & Shirley. {From home away from home} everyone here loves your paintings and send a big hello. Take care and love you bunches. :-)

    ReplyDelete