Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Friday, December 29, 2006

Broken Bench Press web site nearly ready

This week I finally cut over the Broken Bench Press web site from old HTML to XHTML/CSS. I invite you to check it out and, if you would be so kind as to do so, give me some feedback.

My connection to the press? Jim Rix, the author of Jingle Jangle: The Perfect Crime Turned Inside Out, is a friend of fifty years (since we were freshmen in high school). I've followed the story of his cousin Ray Krone's false conviction for murder since about 1994, and I became the manuscript's editor immediately after becoming its biggest fan about four years ago. One thing led to another, including the web site.

You ask: "Is Jim self-publishing Jingle Jangle?" Well, let's put it this way, he owns Broken Bench Press.

Note: the web site is still a bit touchy when browsed with Microsoft's noncompliant Internet Explorer. I'm still putting in hacks to try to get around IE's problems. And I've now learned from a friend that Apple's Apache browser doesn't render the site as I intended. I think that truly professional web designers deserve whatever big bucks they make creating web pages that all browsers can render more or less as intended. I'm not confident that I'm young enough or strong enough to do it.

2 comments:

  1. The new web site looks superb. I wasn't a big fan of the white on black that you started out with. You should add web site designer to you profile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Web site designer"—I like that! Thanks, my dear Steve.

    ReplyDelete