Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Practically spiritual

It occurred to me today that I may have been having too grandiose an idea of what "spirituality" was supposed to be. Anthony de Mello's "All is well" made me realize that spirituality might be all (or at any rate mainly) about keeping oneself in good spirits. After all, can you imagine being much concerned with "spirituality" if being concerned put you in a funk?
    I immediately associated "All is well" (even though uttered in a Christian context) with what I'd written yesterday about Mother Nature's having worked out the matrix of our fundamental situation: We do as Mother Nature created us to do. And, for me, all's well with that. My encounter with "spiritual guide" de Mello seems simply to have sparked the realization, which made me feel good and produced in me a sense of spirituality as a practical, here-and-now endeavor.
    I'm spiritual, practically.

No comments:

Post a Comment