Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Saturday, August 5, 2006

My Body Tells Me So

We made love a week ago,
        Afterward I said done.
            I felt relieved, free of you.
                But now you're standing in my door,
My body lets me know
        I cannot live with none,
          I know I have to be with you.
                Let's make love...some more...

1 comment:

  1. Nice poem. It has a ring of truth that reminds me of a couple "one last times." They're bittersweet, aren't they?

    I left an explanation to your question where you left the question, okay?

    Also, while I remember, I see you have an appreciation for Whitman's Leaves of Grass. Have you seen the movie With Honors?

    ver: gynshtu
    Bless you, and those knives purported to cut all manner of things more solid than butter.

    ReplyDelete