Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Saturday, September 2, 2006

1,263 / 155.2

Today is the 1,263rd day of Bush's War, a war our boy "president" has characterized as a hunt for WMD, as a war on terror and now as a war on fascism. What will Rove, Cheenie and Rumsfeld think up next for Bush to say? Kudos to Edward Neuwirth for his letter in today's News & Observer out of Raleigh (Propaganda Machine). Mr. Neuwirth points out that Bush and his gang:
must know full well that the Nazis rose to power by employing a massive propaganda machine to sway and mislead the masses of a nation. By manipulating modern media, 24-hour global news channels and the Internet to its fullest advantage, the Rumsfeld and Bush administration has engaged in the greatest propaganda effort in the history of man.
(Well, maybe Cheenie and Rumsfeld know it, but Bush likely doesn't have a clue, having majored in Great Comics of the Western World.)

But life must go on. The number 155.2 was my weight this morning (in pounds, dressed). I have to avoid simply "eating as little as possible" everyday, however appealing and satisfying that regimen has proven to be. Otherwise I might drop below 150, which I don't think would be good for me. So...when a colleague brought around some humongous oatmeal and raisin cookies yesterday, what could I do? I took one and ate it. Though I didn't feel quite so good ten minutes later as I had before enjoying the cookie (it did taste good), I realized that I "had" to eat one.

No comments:

Post a Comment