Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Open Letter to George W. Bush (iii)

You must love this headline in the paper: "Bush ascends stage at U.N."

Bob Dylan and the Eagles played at my daughter's company's birthday party yesterday. Bob Dylan sang (in "Hurricane") that he was ashamed to live in a land where justice is a game. I wonder whether he's ashamed (like the Dixie Chicks) to live in a land where a man who isn't even really the president gets headlines that suggests he's a king?

The article says you're going to address world leaders. Ironic that an election thief gets to do that. Break a leg, George.

4 comments:

  1. Right on, brother! Caveat: The phrase "break a leg" used in the vicinity of the Pretender, in today's schizoid political climate, could conceivably earn one a teensy visit from Homeland Security. ~grin~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Southern and Serena, thanks for your comments (all of your comments). I've gotten so used to just replying to each of you personally via email that I forget to say something here so that other readers of my blog will know that I'm not ignoring you! As for the missing "reply from Dubya," it was from "Anonymous" and would, I think, have offended most of my readers, even though you yourself found it entertaining. I also didn't appreciate that it implied that my email of July 18, 2003 to George W. Bush had been anonymous. (It had not been. In fact, it even gave my address and telephone number - a requirement of the White House email system - although I didn't publish those in my July 18, 2006 post.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually said in a post in my other blog that I wished someone would pop a cap in his ass. Not enough to kill him, but enough to hurt and make him think a bit more about something. I can't recall now what it was I wanted him to reconsider. Could have been any of the numerous things he's done. You think that's why I hear those funny clicks on my phone?

    ReplyDelete
  4. SW, I certainly did not include YOU in my estimate of "73.9% of the people who read this blog['s being] afraid to speak their mind"! You, like the estimable Maureen Dowd, have the right stuff (of plainspeaking heroism). Good on you, redounding for ever and ever!

    ReplyDelete