Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Sunday, June 17, 2007

What we deserve, what we need

As I just commented back to the hugely talented artist who took the photo I artified for my masthead:
If [yesterday] was "a day off," it was only from blogging, alas. I worked most of the day and fairly late into the evening on an index for a book about to go to the printer. If my muse was trying to deliver something, I was too tired to hear her tapping. I went to bed bleary and dull, past all ability to index another term or to revisit yesterday's post. And I'm not sure I'm that much recovered this morning. I may "deserve" a day off, but I think I need a week of them—from indexing if not from blogging!
Perhaps I can finish the index today and be receptive to a tap from "MuseEx" by even-time.

..."God willing."

3 comments:

  1. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. And,in my case the wife pissed off. You need to listen to that voice that says rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do believe you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. You will get that time off you need when the task is finally finished.

    I keep changing my photo, is case you wondered, just to make folks think someone new has dropped by (grin)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Ed, my wife made me stop and have dinner last night!

    Steve, I like it! Your new photo.

    ReplyDelete