Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A photographer's eye to believe in

If seeing is believing, then only go to my friend Ken Marks's flickr website to believe you may never have seen a better set of nature photographs. Three examples (on which you may click to see larger):

A fall scene from Nova Scotia

A scene from the Utah canyonlands

Sparrow on a rusty gate

Ken uses a Nikon D300 Digital SLR camera.

4 comments:

  1. Well well....

    i found me a favorite on your friend's site:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kenmarks/1794856112/in/set-72157602768037152/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom, I do think it's indeed perfect for you! Do you want me to ask him whether he'd let you use it on your website? (Or maybe he's following this conversation and will make you an offer.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom, I would be happy to send you a JPG of the picture. Just e-mail me -- xxlken@sbcglobal.net -- with the dimensions you want. I'll crop it accordingly and attach it to a reply.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Ken, but I would worry about upsetting my llamas were I to put that critter on my website.

    I may use it for background sometime, though. As it is, I loved that sparrow on the rusted gate and it is serving as my desktop now. It replaces a 1962 Rambler American, which has long since worn out its welcome.

    ReplyDelete