Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Fair and balanced

A person of my acquaintance objected to my sic after "Fox News" recently, telling me that "If you want fair and balanced news, you should listen to some of the people on FOX [in all-caps]." This put me in mind of the proof for the existence of God known as the argument from red face and loud voice1:"God said it, I believe it, and that settles it." Of course, in the case of Fox News [sic], the ones who say "we're fair and balanced" are...the people on Fox!
_______________
  1. John Allen Paulos, Irreligion: A Mathematician Explains Why the Arguments for God Just Don't Add Up, pp. 63-54

No comments:

Post a Comment