Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Jingle Jangle on “On the Case with Paula Zahn” this weekend

On Sunday, January 23, at 10 p.m. Eastern (7 p.m. Pacific), The I.D. Discovery Channel will air On the Case with Paula Zahn, featuring the episode titled, "Shadow of Doubt." I plan to watch it, because it is based on my friend Jim Rix's book about his cousin Ray Krone's wrongful conviction for murder. That is, Ray didn't do it.
    I've visited Ray in his home in Pennsylvania, heard him speak at the University of North Carolina Law School, and celebrated his freedom with him at a Lake Tahoe party. I look forward to seeing both him and Jim interviewed on the program (as well as others involved in the case).
    I also look forward to seeing Paula Zahn in action; I've never watched her program. Says a North Carolina friend familiar with her work: "I think she is definitely someone that public officials don’t want in their offices, much like Mike Wallace or Dan Rather."

The program's website blurbs the episode:
A mother of three is found brutally murdered in a downtown bar. A former Air Force sergeant is charged with the crime, but his family's crusade for justice leads to a surprising conclusion.
    It will be repeated at 1 a.m.
    See my review of the program.

The book, Jingle Jangle: The Perfect Crime Turned Inside Out, was recently published for Kindle. And it's still available in hardcover.

No comments:

Post a Comment