Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Saturday, April 2, 2011

My heart leaps up at the greening and blooming of Nature

Ah, Spring! I'd long thought that Autumn was my favorite season, but this year Spring is affecting me fondly. My wife and I drove to the Mebane Public Library yesterday. The early evening sun lit the front yards along Fifth Street, their stunning display of dozens and dozens of fully blooming Dogwoods and Red Buds. (The two photos aren't mine, but they were identified on the web as having been taken in in North Carolina.)
    My heart this year gladdens at the barest hint of green returning to our wintering Bermuda grass:

    And the blooms, the blooms!






    (That's Siegfried in the distance.)

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this post. We have had a few crocus, but our spring always comes late.

    ReplyDelete