Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Overlooking the Black Sea

I've been sorting photographs of our trip to Bulgaria for several hours, and I'm pooped and simply don't have the energy today to share more than one photo.
    For sentimental reasons, I've chosen the dessert that I had at the Palace of Queen Marie of Romania, or, more precisely, at the Guestroom of the Queen Restaurant at the University Botanic Garden in Balchik.
    [Note: We weren't having an early lunch. The time shown in the corner of the photograph is North Carolina time; it was seven hours later in Bulgaria. For the trip, I used my wife's Nikon Coolpix P100 digital camera.]
    Well, I guess I have to show you a view of the Black Sea from our table:

    And the menu cover, which identifies the establishment as the Restaurant Corona or Crown Restaurant:

    Our table is to the left in the foreground.

3 comments:

  1. Did you stay there or just stop by for a bite?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We spent several hours at the botanical garden, of which Queen Marie's garden and buildings are a significant part. I probably took more photos at the botanical garden (and around the Queen's estate) than at any other "site" we visited in Bulgaria, including Sofia.
        Sorry for being far from catching up yet. I have been sick for several days, though I do seem to be feeling better today. But also still trying to get through a backlog of work "at work" and prepare for a community meeting tomorrow (I'm one of its organizers).

    ReplyDelete