Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Saturday, August 6, 2011

PG not required

Comments on the blog's "Adult Content" designation have ranged from "more adult material, please" all the way to...to...well, that's been the only comment. But it caused me to try to find some good adult material, which I did try to do. Without much success.
    I decided to just turn off the warning, so visitors would no longer have to click "I understand and I wish to continue."

But wasn't I surprised. Turns out that if you turn on that designation, it's no easy matter to just turn it off. You'll be asked some questions:

    What made you change your mind?
    Well, I'd had enough fun and it didn't seem to increase the number of visitors to my blog.

    Are you sure about your decision to remove the warning?
    Of course not; are you ever sure of your decisions? You have to live with them for a while, don't you?

    But are you sure that a blog that uses the word "wacky" in its masthead shouldn't warn its readers?
    Well, it does say "wacky," doesn't it?

    If this were a movie, are you sure it wouldn't be rated X or R or PG-13?
    No, I'm not sure, but who understands the MPAA's rating system, anyway? And what makes you think that clicking something is going to dissuade anyone from visiting a web page?

    Have you checked all of your previously added adult content and taken steps to protect non-adults?
    No. I didn't change a thing. I guess you'll have to continue to exercise the judgment and intelligence Moristotle has always assumed and expected of its readers.
_______________
Test for adult-content readiness

No comments:

Post a Comment