Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Eagle webcam at Jordan Lake

Many thanks to our former next-door neighbor in Chapel Hill for sending me the link to a webcam posted near an eagle's nest at Lake Jordan, in North Carolina. I've added to my sidebar (on the right) the code for seeing what's happening. And I add it here for your convenience (sorry about the ad, if you have to watch one before the webcam):

3 comments:

  1. The eagle webcam is amazing! When I pressed play I expected to see at most an empty nest, so I was surprised to find an actual eagle, not to mention live offspring, which do move around a bit. And that seems to be a good supply of fish to the right...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is just TOO cool - thank you for sharing! Definitely will add checking the camera to the morning ritual. Any other leads on great webcams like this?

      Delete
    2. Well, the neighbor also cited a site in Iowa: "The second camera is in Decorah, Iowa. Straight across the upper part of Iowa from my family. I watched it all last year and it has sound and can be seen at night. Right now the parents come and check the nest and to eat at various times. They will not lay eggs until the later part of February. It will be fun to watch the different age babies. link"

      Delete