Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Thunder Down Under: Sunrise!

By Vic Midyett

I couldn’t bypass the pine trees, but I did bypass the power lines this morning [several days ago now] to get this sunrise shot with some rain falling on some lucky people to the east of us. I just love sunrises!

_______________
[Editor’s note: Personally, I’m glad Vic included the pine trees. Nice effect!]


[Second editor’s note: Vic wrote subsequently that he and Shirley live on Montgomery Street, at the corner with Smith Street. “Smith Street people have a yard party every quarter or so at different homes where everyone on that street is invited. It’s a come-and-go affair. We are the only residents on Montgomery Street who always get invited to a Smith Street party. Probably because we talk to everyone. Here is our neighbor’s invite, using my sunrise photo from the other day as the background. Ain’t it cool?” Indeed it is!]

Copyright © 2018 by Vic Midyett

10 comments:

  1. I had no choice but to include the Pines. If I had taken the time to walk around the corner to omit them, the sunrise colors would have been gone. Delightful, fleeting moments are so memory endearing, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a more skilled photographer than perhaps you know....

      Delete
    2. Thank you Morris. I simply love the "little" blessing that life passes by us.

      Delete
  2. I Love Sunrise pictures, and the Pine trees are an added accent. The seem to lean toward the Sun in this shot. Sunrise should be seen as a new beginning to all of us each and every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vickie, you are so right! I love your thoughts. Thank you. The Pines lean that direction because they had to grow against the dominant and prevailing Southeasterly winds we get here that are a temperature life saver in the summer months. I like your thought better though. ha

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks cuz. It was amazing how quickly the colors diminished. I walked outside with my coffee right at the best moment!

      Delete
  4. Thank you, Morris for adding the surprise for me on the invite for a street part. It completes it nicely.

    ReplyDelete