Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Goines On:
Holocaust Remembrance Day

Click image for more vignettes
A poet friend of Goines reminded him that April 21 was Holocaust Remembrance Day and asked Goines to write a poem for the occasion; a poetry website was soliciting poems for its “Yom HaShoah” observation.







    Remembrance of the holocaust
    stops my tongue, hushes my thought,
    drives my senses into silence,
    to try to think, to say, to know
    how men could do what all they did
    and think it was right to do it.
    But though I cannot think or say,
    I won’t forget to remember
    the innocents all was done to.

Copyright © 2020 by Moristotle

6 comments: