Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

"It's a life's work..."

From lawman Ed Tom Bell's monologue in Cormac McCarthy's No Country for Old Men:
It's a life's work to see yourself for what you really are and even then you might be wrong. [p. 416]
Reading this reminds me that for a long while this blog was billed as a "Journal of Self-Discovery." It reminds me even more that I abandoned that because I figured that in some way I had finally come to see myself for what I really am. And I thought I was moving on.

But mostly of course the statement reminds me that even now I might be wrong. Sobering thought, and at the moment not a stimulating one.

No comments:

Post a Comment