Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Friday, January 8, 2010

Happy my birthday!

Behold the pie!

Many thanks to my wife for baking it for me on this, my 67th birthday. Or is it my 68th? Not that I'm unsure how old I've become, but just in consideration of the fact that on my day of birth I was zero years old, so we're actually counting in the "binary system" here.
And here's my birthday piece (before and after ice cream added):

And the pie again, awaiting further celebration:

    Looks like a bigger piece that way, doesn't it? Too big, in fact. This pie, made with sour cherry filling from the King Arthur Flour website, is so filling that I'm going to cut a smaller slice next time.

6 comments:

  1. wow that is some pie! Happy birthday dad! Matt and I did not come up with any great gift for you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already got my birthday gift—your and Matt's visiting us. I only regret not taking similar photos of the strawberry-rhubarb pie (and the crumble) that your mother baked for Matt (and for all of us). I was really lax on the photographer job.

    I ought to feature Ann's traditional birthday card (as well as Ken's electronic one), it is so nice. From the Wind and Sea Studio (handmade by Heidi Fruehan). I can't find a website for it. [Thank you, Ann!]

    ReplyDelete
  3. strawberry rhubarb, yum...happy happy sus

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susie, Now I regret even more not having taken pictures of the two strawberry-rhubarb pies!

    Note, though, that I have now added a photo of the sour cherry pie filling that was used for the birthday pie. And my wife bought a jar of blueberry filling also. It awaits....

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks very yummy !! You are so fortunate to get such yummy b'day treats !!!
    Hope ur having a better week no head cold.
    Love Dawn

    ReplyDelete