Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Must avoid the sports-dejection syndrome

Before I went to sleep last night, and before I arose this morning, I was excited with the anticipated excitement of reading my letter in Durham's Herald-Sun this morning.
    I stooped nimbly to gather the newspapers off the driveway and slid off their plastic sheaths on the way back into the dining room, where I separated the main section of the Herald and opened to the middle.
    But, but...no sign of my letter.
    Damn, what a disappointment.
    It reminded me the disappointment felt by sports fans who go to one of "their" team's games (or watch in on TV), only to suffer a loss. Had I become a letter-to-the-editor fanatic? I really need to retrace my steps and not become that.


...Maybe they'll print my letter tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Ken, no letter again today (Sunday). The game appears to have been cancelled.
        I've now included the text of the letter I was responding to, in case it should not be available for long on the Herald's website. It's too good Vaudeville/too terrible a slouching toward Bethlehem to be lost to posterity.

    ReplyDelete