Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

It adds up

Yesterday afternoon I mentioned to a friend who lives down the street that on Saturday, while waiting on our daughter and son-in-law's boat at the Coyote Point Marina (until it was time to go to San Francisco International Airport for our overnight flight home), we watched The Sum of All Fears. It was the first, and we hope it won't be the last, Tom Clancy movie with Ben Affleck as Jack Ryan (and Bridget Moynahan as the supposedly future Mrs. Jack Ryan; she's Police Commissioner Frank Reagan's daughter Erin in Blue Bloods).
    I got excited when my friend said there was a sequel.
    "Have you seen it yet?" I asked eagerly. "What's its title?"
    "Haven't seen it, but it's called 'The Fear of All Sums.' For people with a math phobia."
    Zing! My witty friend had me again, for the what-teenth time I'm unable to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment