Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Water Hyacinths by light

For a little night music, on September 19, I offered an early night-time photo of my wife's Water Hyacinths. Ken responded (on Facebook), "I'd like to see a daytime picture." So, thank Ken for two photos of recent blossoms (taken on September 29, no later than 6:40 p.m. Eastern). I trust that you can spot the almost-originals—they weren't filtered, but they were brightened up just a bit and given more contrast.








2 comments:

  1. Lovely, Morris. Thanks for the blog entry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear Ken, you're welcome for the blog entry; you deserve more, your contributions to this blog have been so generously numerous and intelligent. Ken's photographic treasures not the least among them.
        Brightening the photos and upping the contrast is, I discovered, one easy way to throw a bright subject into greater "relief," if that's the correct term. I was conscious in doing that for these photos that I was, thereby, probably approaching one of your ideals.

    ReplyDelete