Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Subconscious communication

Open to scientific research, or not?

By Victor L. Midyett

Subconscious communication seems to be something that just happens, out of the blue. It’s a difficult event to document. Perhaps it’s a mystical force woven through words and thoughts that can’t be (or hasn’t yet been) measured scientifically. It seems unlikely to me that it could be measured by science. I like to consider it a transcending energy that, like space, has no boundaries or limits to its reach.
    For myself, I offer up my own back-woods, home-spun speculation, probably something not amenable to scientific study. After all, science cannot prove all things seemingly classed as spiritual, or mystical, or even metaphysical. (Are these three in fact different?)
    Have you observed that identical twins, many married couples, some very close friends, and even some ordinary siblings can finish each other’s sentences? Or know what the other is going to say before they say it? Have you ever thought of someone and they just then called you? These are everyday examples of subconscious communication, don’t you think?
    How many stories have you heard in your life about parents or friends being woken from their dream world in the middle of the night “knowing” something is wrong with, or has just happened to, a family member or friend? Plenty, I bet. Is that subconscious communication? At this point, the last sentence in my first paragraph bears repeating, “I like to consider it a transcending energy that, like space, has no boundaries or limits to its reach.”
    I think that Sigmund Freud said something to the affect that the subconscious mind of one person can communicate with the subconscious mind of another without getting into consciousness. I have not found anything about this in his writings, not even any examples of subconscious communication. It would be great if someone reading this can point out where he wrote further about this? [The editor has been unable to find anything.]

    This picture is perhaps not a true example of subconscious communication, rather of non-verbal communication, but I offer it anyway because it is so cute!


I think that animals also have subconscious communication abilities. I love to watch documentaries on animal life and parenthood in other species. Is it subconscious communication? It is definitely love, no matter the delivery method.


    Back in the 90’s, I knew a Cherokee medicine man “in training.” We often talked about subjects that most would not touch. One day he informed me that he had, in his younger years, spent a lot of time in the woods with himself, his surroundings, and his ancestral spirits. While in this quantum space he said he was actually able to “talk with the animals, especially the deer.” He meant talk with them subconsciously and not verbally, but he was not specific.
    Either way, I believed him. This man had a presence about him. His “reality boundaries” were beyond the average. I hope and plan to meet up with him again, although I don’t know if he is even still alive. I hope so, because with my additional life experiences and wonderings, I have many more questions I would like to ask him, and I would love to have more discussions and conversations with him. If the truth of his admittance is to be believed, the meaning of his “talking with the animals” is that humans can, in fact, communicate with members of the animal kingdom.
    Have you ever sat on your porch with your hand stretched out near your bird feeder and had a “wild” bird land on it? Have you and your dog ever looked at each other and you both “seemingly” got the idea to go for a walk without a word being spoken? Or both knew that one of you was about to reach out for a loving pat? You haven’t? I must be weird.
    This current ad on Australian TV is not an accurate portrayal of what I just said, but it gives me a big smile every time I see it.



    Subconscious communication – I believe it happens all the time. What about you?


Copyright © 2017 by Victor L. Midyett

8 comments:

  1. In fact Vic both the USA and Russia did a large number of studies on this subject back in the sixties. There were a lot of books written about it. As for as I know they may still be doing it---someone is in Trump's head talking to him. (smile)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Trump's not the only one. Thanks for your response on the studies. I appreciate you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Totally believe in this type of communication. I cannot explain it but has happened many times in my life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for you comment and support, Vickie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vic reported via email a few days after this piece went online that...

    I keep in touch with a lot of people. That became very evident in the number of responses (almost 30 emails) I got from this piece...responses of support, enjoyment, and affirmations about it.
        For example, one said that when he reads anything, it is hard for him to stay focused on it, but with my writing style he becomes totally immersed...He went on to say that, with him, subconscious communication ”happens...all the time.“
        And some even described personal experiences. Yet none of them posted anything on the blog. Sorry about that, mate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Folks are becoming lazy, I guess. With FB all you have to do is click on "like", for instance. In my communication value system that seems an immeasurable degree above nothing and I am hard pressed not to judge it as lazy. It is certainly impersonal. Please folks, become closer with each other, not further apart. It's what our world right now NEEDS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Comment from actor Joe Capone in New York City (left on Facebook):

    Subconscious and intuitiveness seem to run a parallel existence within my own thought process. Enjoyed this discussion and I can relate very well with how the subconscious plays an enormous role in writing a play. As well as acting a role for the the stage. Performing before a live audience and how an actor can draw from an audience's unified journey through the playing of his/her creative process in developing all of the character's subtle nuances.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an interesting, exciting and affirming awareness. Thanks so much for sharing this aspect that I had not thought of, but can completely believe from an actor's point of view. It just dawned on me that when I sang in an all male choir, I noticed our abilities and unities were better delivered when we had an appreciative, highly responsive audience. Fascinating! I appreciate you pointing out yet another meaningful example.

    ReplyDelete