Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Sunday, June 23, 2019

All Over the Place:
Long hair/strong hair

By Michael H. Brownstein











That year spring did not come to Mid-Missouri.
My hair flowed into curls and arcs
so thick the sounds of the ocean vibrated through them.

In line at the video store the lady said,
I listen to all kinds of music. I have five mixed children
at home and he answered, The shoes I’m wearing
are the best. They lasted me four years already
and she asked, What videos would you recommend?
and he said, My cell phone doesn’t get service in this town.
That day a day in thunderstorms,
nagging rain, anger full of hail and issues,
the dogs cowered under the bed whimpering
and I asked a friend to cut my hair. She told me, no,
I like it long. But I need for it to be cut,
I answered, It’s altogether too noisy.


Copyright © 2019 by Michael H. Brownstein
Michael H. Brownstein’s latest volume of poetry, A Slipknot Into Somewhere Else, was published by Cholla Needles Press in 2018.

3 comments:

  1. This is absolutely brilliant. The tangles of images and sounds and voices talking past each other is so good I'm speechless.

    ReplyDelete