Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Saturday, December 11, 2021

Prize (a poem)

Second Saturday’s Sonnet
6 Years & a Month Ago


By Morris Dean

[Originally published on November 15, 2015, here slightly amended.]



“Stately?” she quizzed my comment on her walk,
    her high-heeled shoes exalting shapely limbs
displayed in tights that summoned men to gawk
    and sing out praises fit for churchly hymns.


Our eyes had met and I had winked a smile
    to signal my pleasure in compliment.
And her smile back had shown there might be guile
    in dressing so. I answered: “Elegant.”

And gaining courage from her smiling eyes,
    I said, “Not to mention sexy,” and laughed.
She did too, now the air was clear of lies.
    She seemed happy her arts of wardrobe craft
had even attracted an older guy’s
attention – yeah! – and that for me was prize.


Copyright © 2015, 2021 by Morris Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment