Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Wednesday, April 20, 2022

How can we grow our readership?

Our writers 
deserve more

By Moristotle

My leading question is addressed to anyone and everyone who is reading this. The writers of Moristotle & Co. provide valuable content, and they express it artfully. I believe the subtitle states a truth: Our writers deserve more [readers].
    The fairly small readership we have so far been able to furnish them is worrisome, a burden to me to contemplate. That’s my immediate prompt for issuing this appeal for help in increasing our readership. I want Moristotle & Co. to reach a wider audience for our writers. Help me find ways to do that.
    Supposedly, paid services can bring readers, but I have never used them.
    I know that certain topics and names have brought readers by way of web searches. Should we focus on things and people and places that more people are looking into?
    Please help by suggesting whatever you can think of for us to consider trying. You can use the comment box below, or, if you want to submit in private, use the contact form provided in the sidebar.
    Think outside the box!


Wouldn’t you know, just saying “Think outside the box” provoked some ideas in my own head. 
    For one thing, we can all start by sharing this post with acquaintances, asking them for their suggestions for growing our readership.
    And that suggestion can remind us all that a basic way to invite new readers is to…invite them. We can all do that, and I just invited an acquaintance of my own, e-mailing her that
Moristotle & Co.’s fine poets and fiction writers are flourishing…[x, y, and z] are particularly rewarding ones to read these days…Please pass the word along to discriminating readers among your acquaintances.
    So, while you’re thinking of other things we might do to garner new readers, be passing similar words along to your discriminating friends….


With heartfelt thanks, I salute you all. And I give special thanks to Paul Clark (aka motomynd), who recently congratulated me on the “drive [I have demonstrated] in what [I] have built with Moristotle.” 
    Paul went on to say, “Given your background, it’s a bit surprising you haven’t turned [Moristotle] into a major and lucrative literary effort.” 
    Lucrative?! This has never been about money. But I said something in reply that led to the request I’m making of you all today:
Paul, thanks for the judgment about what Moristotle could have been, if only. I occasionally shudder at the thought how big a readership my writers deserve versus the small one Moristotle furnishes them.
    All of you who are reading this, please help me change that.

Copyright © 2022 by Moristotle

4 comments:

  1. To get a larger audience we need to reach a larger audience. I don't know how a blog does that, but basically we need to advertise. Sell people what we have. Facebook presence? Twitter? Is there an organization in the blogosphere like a clearinghouse? I will do some research and get back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roger, Michael, thank you both. Your suggestions appeal to me as both doable and promising desired results. Still more suggestions are coming in privately. I need to confer with the whole staff on some of the options. For example, if I “re-brand” Moristotle & Co., what new name should I use? Just raising that question has made me realize that “Moristotle & Co.” gives zero idea as to what it’s about. The new name should indicate that. “Moristotle’s House of Poems, Stories, Essays, and Other Literary Works”?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the name now and I do not believe it should be changed. I also think you should list all of the suggestions in another blog entry and open them to discussion.

    ReplyDelete