Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Friday, April 28, 2023

Grandmothers Galore (a poem)

“The Thinker,”
by Auguste Rodin
By Moristotle

[After reading “Religion and Family Strife” again when I republished it on April 10, I started writing the poem “For My Grandmother Effie,” early in the course of which I reminded myself how many other grandmothers we all have if we go back a few centuries: 2 grandmothers in the generation preceding our parents, doubling each generation back –
4;   8;   16;   32;   64;   128;   256;   512;   1,024;   …    1,048,576;   … 
and that’s going back only about 500 years and assuming 25-year generations.
]

Our grandmothers go back from two to four,
And go on from there, re-doubling to more.
    Mama’s mama I knew at first hand,
    But Papa’s passed too early to sand,
Like all those thousands and millions before


Copyright © 2023 by Moristotle

No comments:

Post a Comment