Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle” (07/31/2023) tells how to access our
archives of art, poems, stories, serials, interviews, travelogues….

Friday, April 28, 2023

Grandmothers Galore (a poem)

“The Thinker,”
by Auguste Rodin
By Moristotle

[After reading “Religion and Family Strife” again when I republished it on April 10, I started writing the poem “For My Grandmother Effie,” early in the course of which I reminded myself how many other grandmothers we all have if we go back a few centuries: 2 grandmothers in the generation preceding our parents, doubling each generation back –
4;   8;   16;   32;   64;   128;   256;   512;   1,024;   …    1,048,576;   … 
and that’s going back only about 500 years and assuming 25-year generations.
]

Our grandmothers go back from two to four,
And go on from there, re-doubling to more.
    Mama’s mama I knew at first hand,
    But Papa’s passed too early to sand,
Like all those thousands and millions before


Copyright © 2023 by Moristotle

No comments:

Post a Comment