Welcome statement


Parting Words from Moristotle (07/31/2023)
tells how to access our archives
of art, poems, stories, serials, travelogues,
essays, reviews, interviews, correspondence….

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Good on Chris Mumma on behalf of Dwayne Dail

The front page of my local newspaper this morning carried the following photo:

It was captioned:

Dwayne Allen Dail celebrates his release after his wrongful conviction in the rape of a 12-year-old girl almost two decades ago. With him is his attorney, Chris Mumma, who worked for years to find the evidence to free Dail.
I hope you can still find the article by clicking here. Dwayne Dail was wrongly in prison for almost twice as long as Ray Krone, whose story is told in Jim Rix's book Jingle Jangle, for which, as I reported here the other day, Chris Mumma (Dail's attorney) wrote a recommendation.

When I was corresponding with Chris last year about reading the manuscript of Jingle Jangle, I didn't realize that she too had gone to bat for someone who was innocent of the crime for which he had been convicted. And now, of course, I'm wondering whether she will write a book....

No comments:

Post a Comment